Tips from the book, Become a Fat-Burning Machine: The 12-Week Diet
Lunch out at an amazing restaurant where I really want to enjoy the food. This happens once a week. I go to an incredible restaurant where the food is unique and delicious. I am more likely to take a chance and order something new and amazing. Sometimes it can be Japanese or the latest Farm to Table restaurants. Regardless of restaurants, I have five tactics that I always use so that I can enjoy the specialty of the food, but not deviate from the plan:
- I never go to lunch starving.
- If I eat a salad, I will always have the dressing on the side and dip my fork before taking a bite.
- I am not tempted by the bread, no matter how appetizing it looks. I know what bread tastes like. I don’t need it.
- I know I can’t stop at one French fry, so why start?
- I skip dessert no matter how appealing. If everyone is having something, I will ask for mixed berries to be polite.