I guarantee that if you do these five things today, you can lower stress.
- Take just one deep breath. Hold for a count of one-thousand-one. Exhale slowly. Out goes some stress and unrealistic expectations. Gone.
- Relax your forehead, neck and shoulders. Imagine removing all tension from all muscles in these areas.
- Jot down three things that are great in your life. Don’t just think about them, write them down. There is magic in putting pen (pencil) to paper. Trust me.
- Recall one good thing you’ve done for someone else in the last 24 hours. Could be a compliment, a phone call, just listening, a gift, encouragement, etc.
- Take a 5-minute walk and try to think about just one thing/person/place that makes you happy. Begin the walk with this thought and end the walk with this thought.