Keep warm as the weather cools down.
Packed with protein and vegetables, this chicken soup recipe is full of flavor and loaded with nutrients—which makes for a hearty, healthy and fat-burning dish! It’s easy to cook and fills you up your belly. Plus, it’s a perfect meal when the weather cools down or if you’re feeling a little ill. And I mustn’t forget how well it freezes!
Poblano Pepper and Vegetable Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 cups of water
- 4 medium poblano peppers (seeded and diced)
- 32 ounces of low-sodium chicken stock
- ½- to 1-pound bag of baby carrots
- 1 pound of sliced mushrooms
- 1 bag of frozen peas
- 1-pound bag of frozen green beans or 3 to 4 cups fresh green beans
- 1 green zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- Onion and garlic powder to taste
In a very large, deep pot, boil the chicken until a drumstick pulls free. Remove the chicken from the pot and add all remaining ingredients. While vegetables are cooking, remove the chicken meat from the bone and add it back to the pot. Simmer until vegetables are still firm—and a little crunchy.
Become a Fat Burning Machine.